Web Design Intern
About the Job:
We work with companies spanning a diverse set of industries: Financial Services, Real Estate, Technology, Lifestyle, Health & Fitness, Retail, Government, Advocacy, Non Profit, B2B, Legal, Creative…
If there’s a story to tell, a business to promote and a brand to introduce to the digital world, we’re there to make it happen.
MaruAfrica (Pty) Ltd is a growing hosting and value added telecommunications services start-up company headquartered at the Innovation Hub in Pretoria. We use our knowledge and understanding of technology to build solutions with business and societal relevance.
With every project, our goal is to find new and compelling ways to bring brand stories to life by using websites in a way that engages the right audiences and drives action — and do so in a way that makes them care, desire, trust, and connect.
MaruAfrica is looking for a Website Design Intern who will provide essential support for website development projects currently in progress. This position will provide valuable real-life experience working in a fast paced, creative work environment.
Under the direction of our Project Manager, and with one-on-one training with our website design team, the Intern with a keen eye for design will work with our team to solve problems and build innovative web solutions. You will contribute to a wide range of projects and will participate in all stages of design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
We are looking for 20 hours/week time commitment, with a potential to hire on part time this fall.
The right candidate will be a quick study, with the ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks on time or ahead of schedule. Prior experience with WordPress is beneficial, though not mandatory, for this position. An eye for design will help to succeed in this position.
- Team Player
- Ability to work independently but under guidance
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Strong time management and people skills
- High energy, positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Professional work ethic
- Keen to learn
- Ability to gather feedback/criticism and translate into finished product
- Up to 1 years’ graphic/web design experience – preferable
- Degree or diploma in web design or multimedia/graphic design – preferable
- A very strong sense of visual design
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Experience in designing wireframes – preferable
- Solid knowledge of web standards, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Solid knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Experience in WordPress, Bootstrap, HTML, and CSS
- Strong eye for detail, typography and colour
- Knowledge of current design and tech trends
MaruAfrica Perks & Benefits:
– Commitment required (minimum 30 hours per week)
– Compensation: Academic Credit & Transportation Stipend
– Our office is located at the Innovation Hub in Lynwood, Pretoria (nice, huh?)
– Music plays constantly – enjoy it
IF YOU THINK THIS JOB IS FOR YOU