- This Policy sets out the manner in which Maru Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Maru Africa”) handles personal information submitted by or collected from you whilst visiting the Maru Africa website(s).
“personal information” is as defined in the Promotion of Access to Information Act No 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”)
“user” means any person accessing any part of the web site
Collection of personal data
- We collect only what is necessary and use it only for the purpose for which it is required.
- We will neither sell your personal information to anyone nor otherwise dispose of it to a third party otherwise than as set out in the Policy. We will not attempt to obtain your permission to do so by deceptive means.
- If we do not need it anymore, we will delete any personal information held.
- We neither store nor retain any credit card information.
- When you send us personally identifying information in an e-mail, we use the information you provide only to help us gather the information you might request. In an effort to respond to your request, information you submit may be viewed by various people within Maru Africa. Once received, the information to your e-mail is protected in accordance with this Policy.
Collection of anonymous data
- In order to provide the best possible and most relevant service, we may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this site. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows this web site to collect statistics.
- The Internet protocol (IP) address from which you access our website. An IP address is the unique number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using whenever you are surfing the web.
- The type of browser (such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla) and operating system (such as Windows Vista or MacOS) used to access our site.
- The date and time when the website is accessed, for the purpose of traffic and statistical monitoring.
- The pages visited, for the purpose of improving the usefulness of our website by providing helpful links and removing pages that are not read.
- If you do not wish cookies to be employed it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this web site may not be available.
Access to personal data
- If you believe that your personal data which we may have is outdated or incorrect please ask us to correct‐ please use our contact page. Please provide us with all the information we need to make the correction.
- You can also request access to any relevant personal data held by the web site owner as laid out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (“PROATIA”) and where such access is necessary for you to exercise and/or protect any of your rights. We think that it will probably be simpler for you to just send us an e-mail asking for the information you need.
Links to other web sites
- While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this site, we may not be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee of the web site owner or any third party.
- Users and/or subscribers are prohibited from releasing their username and/or password to any other person.
- This is a child-friendly web site: Maru Africa takes into account the privacy and well-being of children when they are online.