Part-Time Independent Sales Representative Contract
MaruAfrica has openings for motivated individuals operating in South Africa with customer service experience who want to be part of a fast growing website hosting, connectivity and development company. Potential candidates must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team in website and hosting sales through business networking.
Company and Job Overview:
MaruAfrica is a leading Internet Services Provider (ISP) with offices in Pretoria, Gauteng and a satellite office in Itsoseng, North West. We have been in business for 5 years providing custom website design, website hosting, and VoIP and connectivity services. We are passionate to help local businesses increase their online marketing efforts and effectiveness.
The right candidate will be outgoing, have a strong understanding of website and online marketing, and enjoys connecting with people.
As an independent sales contractor, you will be selling the Mahala Web Design Hosting package, Web Design and Web Hosting Services. You will earn a share of revenue from each account you bring in, and residual annual commission on all Mahala and Website hosting account sales.
- Work from home; weekly/monthly staff meetings.
- High commission base.
- Digital business cards, marketing and promotional materials provided.
- Strong company history, reputation, and portfolio along with name recognition locally.
- Association with a number of local Brands and Chambers of Commerce.
- Office space and conference in Pretoria, Lynwood available for client meetings.
The Independent Sales Representative will consult with small to medium sized business owners about their online advertising and marketing needs. Employee must be able to handle all aspects of the sales process, including identifying target clients, analyzing a company’s website needs, showcasing MaruAfrica’s portfolio and explaining website features, closing the sale, and maintaining customer relationships.
- Responding to all leads provided by MaruAfrica. This includes arranging in-person or phone meetings, speaking with potential customers about their website needs, and closing sales.
- Finding new leads through networking, trade shows or conventions, and local advertising.
- (This one is up to you) 6-8 hours/week attending other networking events to increase company exposure and generate referrals.
- Identifying prospective clients and working to find leads given specific target markets; generating new leads through networking and referrals.
- Following up with prospective customers and selling new website features or services to current customers.
- Promoting some of MaruAfrica’s current and ongoing marketing efforts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blog posts, E-mail Newsletters, and other marketing campaigns.
- Periodic cold calling lead generation (recommended for reaching sales quota).
- Professional company representation; website design portfolio and service overview presentation.
- Monthly reports summarizing prospects, appointments, and schedule (use of CRM software may assist with this).
- Meeting monthly sales quotas.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- THE MOST IMPORTANT: MUST HAVE A WINNING ATTITUDE
- Must have B2B company experience.
- 2 years experience selling products, advertisement, or print preferred.
- Experience with lead pre-qualification, list management, and digital campaign management.
- Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, internet savvy, and ability to learn new skills with training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong work ethic: self-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Organized, detail-oriented, consistently follow up on sales leads.
- Motivated to make money.
- Team Player
- Ability to work independently but under guidance
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Strong time management and people skills
- High energy, positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Professional work ethic
- Keen to learn
- Ability to gather feedback/criticism and translate into finished product
Having these could work to your advantage
- BS degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent related field.
- 3-5+ years of experience in progressive acquisition, lead generation, or digital marketing roles.
- WordPress, SEO experience; including managing external SEO vendor.
IF YOU THINK THIS JOB IS FOR YOU